The year is spinning by and there is so much to do. The Members’ Show this year, prospectus in this newsletter and a mailing sent out, will be held at The Mill Brook Gallery in Concord, NH, on April 25 to May 31, 2014. Registrations are due March 7, 2014. Remember, this show is open only to members of PS of NH. The entry fee is unchanged from last year.
If you have not renewed your membership yet, I thought I would mention some of the benefits to membership. Many of you probably already know these, but there may be some benefits you are unaware of.
- Members are given the first opportunity to sign up for workshops by nationally known artists at reduced fees. For example, see the Jeanne Rosier Smith registration in this newsletter.
- Only members and residents of New Hampshire can apply for a scholarship to help defray the costs of one of our workshops. No one has applied for this the last two years!
- Fees are reduced for members to enter the annual National Juried Show, It’s Pastel.
- Members can showcase two pastel paintings on our website.
- Quarterly newsletter is delivered to members’ email boxes; this is full of information about pastels, exhibits, workshops, grant opportunities, society news and members’ news.
- Networking opportunities occur with other pastel artists and supporters of pastel in and around the state of New Hampshire, that promote sharing and learning about the pastel medium in a creative environment.
- Quarterly Membership meetings include demonstrations, guest speakers, critique sessions, painting workshops, and/or discussions of art-related topics.
- News of events at other pastel societies and about their members is announced through our membership in the International Association of Pastel Societies.
A final thought on membership: we are constantly looking for people who have ideas and want to take a leadership role in the society. Membership gives you that privilege. Directors select the workshop instructors, the locations, the dates, the jurors for exhibitions, and make every other decision that needs to be made. If you would like to be part of that decision-making process, membership affords that; you can become a director. If you are interested, please contact our vice-president, Lisa Regopoulis.
The first workshop with Jeanne Rosier Smith has been announced through various sources: email blast to members, this newsletter, our website, and the workshop artist’s website. The workshop will be a combination, depending on the weather, of inside and out. Sign up early to get assure your place.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Keith Demanche who has been so helpful in developing our new website. Barbara Scott, our webmaster, and Pam Short, who assisted Barb in the initial stage of the process, have made it very clear that they could not have accomplished it without Keith. So, thank you all for your hard work and tenacity.
The Fine Art Store now offers Rebate Program for PSNH Show Awards
The Fine Art Store, who brings us our Trade Show each Fall, is now offering a reward program to accrue money toward prizes given by PSNH at our exhibitions. The company will set aside 5% of every sale made to any member of the Pastel Society of NH. At the end of the year, our organization may request gift cards in the amount of the rebate. For instance if we have $250 in rebate, we can request one gift card for $250 to be used as an award for a society show or perhaps 5 gift cards of $50 to raffle off.
The process is simple. When placing an order with FineArtStore.com just type in PSNH in the “Order Notes” section at the end of the order. This offer will run from now until October 31st, 2014. To help jump start this program, the company has a special offer of $5 off your next purchase of $25 or more – just type in NHlovespastels on your next order.
Visit www.fineartstore.com today!