2022 It's Pastel!
PSNH 14th National Juried Exhibition
Dates: October 22 to November 18, 2022
Location: Portsmouth Discover Center & Virtual Show on the PSNH Website.
Juror of Selection: Gail Sibley, PSA Signature Member
Juror of Awards: Alain Picard, PSA Signature Member &
IAPS Master Circle Recipient
Announcing our 14th National Juried Show, It's Pastel! We're so excited to reveal that this year's event is returning to the Discover Portsmouth Center after 2 years of virtual online only due to the pandemic. The Discover Portsmouth Center in the cultural heart of the seacoast of Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The gallery is elegantly situated on the ground floor of an historic building which once was the main city library. It is known for the high caliber of the exhibitions displayed throughout the year. Restaurants and shops are within walking distance for the many visitors who come to the center for information, and for residents who are aware of the high-quality art shown there. The gallery is open seven days a week from 10 until 5 and is knowledgeably staffed. The show in its entirety will be posted after the opening & awards ceremony.
It's Pastel! National Juried Exhibition 2022 Full Prospectus
• Open to all artists in the United States ONLY. No International entries. • Artists may enter up to 3 digital images.
• Work must be ORIGINAL SOFT pastels only (No less than 80%). No oil pastels. No classroom or workshop work allowed. If painted from a photograph, it must be the artist’s own photo.
• No works from any previous Pastel Society of New Hampshire (PSNH) exhibitions, including our PSNH member show.
• Paintings must have been completed after January 1, 2020.
• A painting that has received top awards (Best in Show, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize) at any International or National Juried Show as of August 29th is not allowed.
• All paintings are for sale. No NFS.
Up to 3 Digital Images: PSNH Members - $40,
Non-Members - $50
Exhibition entry is via Show Submit. If you are uncertain about your membership status, please contact our Membership Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, July 5, 2022 - Registration opens.
Monday, August 29, 2022 – All entries must be received.
Wednesday, September 7, 2022 – Notification will be emailed to artists. Wednesday, October 12, 2022 – Delivery of all shipped work.
Sunday, October 16, 2022, 3:30-5pm – Drop off accepted work
Saturday, October 22, 2022, 5-8pm – Opening reception, Awards Ceremony, Gallery Talk (Alain Picard)
Friday, November 18, 2022 – Exhibit Closes.
EDITED! Saturday, November 20, 2022, 2pm-5pm – Pick up
Size Limit: Maximum 45” in any direction (including frame). Accepted work must be clean, securely frames and ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers allowed. If mats are used, white, off-white, or neutral mats are recommended. Gallery framing standards are expected.
Sales: A 40% commission will be taken for all sold work.
Awards: $5,000 in awards are given including cash, products and gift certificates.
Thank you to Our 2022 Sponsors!!